The Ryazan Region Duma supported the adoption of the draft federal law "On General Principles of Organization and Operation of Commissioners for Human Rights in the Constituent Entities of the Russian Federation" submitted to the State Duma. The law is aimed at the introduction of uniform standards for regulating powers and guarantees of regional commissioners.
On the eve of the first reading of the draft law, round tables, discussions and conferences are held throughout the country to find the best solutions to grant regional ombudsmen the most comprehensive tools to protect human rights and freedoms.
According to federal ombudswoman Tatiana Moskalkova, the
1) establishes uniform principles and standards;
2) expands and clarifies the list of guarantees for the independence of the regional commissioners;
3) clarifies the legal status;
4) fixes the general principles of interaction with state and local government bodies;
5) establishes the procedure for consideration of citizens’ complaints.